with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, May 25, 2024

Its Elvira then the rest, Sunday at Soudal Open....TEE Times

 DP World Tour : Soudal Open Tee Times

Nacho Elvira will take an imposing four-shot lead into the final round of the Soudal Open as he goes in search of a second DP World Tour title in Belgium.

Nacho Elvira opens up big lead in Belgium

The Spaniard with name consisting of a Mexican snack and a 70's celebrity witch, started the week with back-to-back bogey-free rounds of 64 at Rinkven International Golf Club and while he could not quite maintain that pace on day three, carding a 67 containing his first dropped shots of the week, he will take the joint largest 54-hole lead of the season into Sunday at -18 

English duo Joe Dean 66 -14 and Ross Fisher 70 -14, Frenchman Romain Langasque 68 -14 and Dane Niklas Nørgaard 67 -14 were the nearest challengers, a shot clear of another Englishman in Andrew Wilson 68 -13

"My approach game this week has been fantastic. I'm also putting really well so that helps. As long as I can hit it pretty straight off the tee I think I can make myself a lot of opportunities."

He added: "I was leading by six then (at the 2021 Cazoo Open supported by Gareth Bale), I'm leading by four. I could have taken three or four more just to be relaxed but this game is funny sometimes. I can not hit it as good as I want and be leading by four, it's just a weird game. I learned a lot about being patient that day so hopefully I can take that into tomorrow."

Langasque enjoyed a birdie-birdie-birdie finish in his 68, playing a beautiful pitch on the 16th, getting up and down on the next and holing from 13 feet on the last, with Fisher picking up a closing gain from 17 feet in his 70.

Spaniard Sebastian Garcia and local favourite Thomas Pieters were six shots off the lead, one clear of a group of nine players including Ryder Cup Captain Luke Donald

edit****** Canadian Aaron Cockerill is in the chasing pack at T9 66 66 70 -11 looking for a T10 at least after what has been a solid return to action after the PGA Championship break.

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)


No comments:

Post a Comment