with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, October 11, 2020

Tyrrell Hatton fulfills his dream, wins BMWPGA Championship...Final scores

BMWPGAChampionship Leaderboard

Home favourite Tyrrell Hatton realised his boyhood dream as he won the 2020 BMW PGA Championship by four shots to secure his third Rolex Series title. Earlier in the week, Englishman Hatton spoke of his desire to win this event having visited Wentworth Golf Club as a fan with his father when he was five years old.

And although he was pushed all the way by Victor Perez in a tense final round battle, Hatton produced a short game masterclass to put his name alongside the European Tour greats who have won this iconic trophy before him.

Hatton, who moves into the top ten on the Official World Golf Ranking after claiming his fifth European Tour title, finished the tournament on 19 under par after making six birdies and a single bogey in his closing 67.

Perez finished alone in second on 15 under after bogeys on the 13th and 17th saw his challenge fade.

Race to Dubai leader Patrick Reed and Englishman Andy Sullivan were in a share of third another shot further back after finishing their final rounds strongly.

After clinching the title, Hatton said he was thrilled to achieve two career ambitions at the same time.

"It's a dream come true for me really," said Hatton. "As a five-year-old walking around here I always wanted to be inside the ropes playing when I grew up.

"This is such a massive event and to get over the line and win here is such a special feeling.

"It was definitely a goal in my career to win here and I'm very thankful that I managed to get the job done today.

"Like I said yesterday I kind of expected someone to get off to a fast start and I just had to manage myself and not allow myself to get in my own way.

"It was a career goal to break inside the top ten in the World Rankings so to win here and achieve that in the same week is very special.

"I'll take confidence from this win in the remainder of the season".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment