with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, February 11, 2018

Thailand's Aphibarnrat wins the ISPS Handa World Super 6

European Tour ISPS Handa World Super 6 final scoreboard http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018014/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

The thing about this ISPS Handa World Super 6 is that the matches are only 6 holes long, so an awful lot happens in a hurry.

In the end Thailand's star player, Kiradech Aphibarnrat won his fourth European Tour title after a 2 and 1 victory over Australian James Nitties in the final.

It was more remarkable because he only entered the event seven days ago and arrived having not played any practice rounds at Karrinyup Country Club.

He needed four trips up the 18th in a play-off on Saturday night to claim the last of the 24 spots in the Super 6 and then had to come through five rounds of match play and 35 holes on Sunday. (remember Perth, Australia is 13 hours ahead of EST)

"I'm working so hard. The last few months I've been getting really close and finally I've done it. It means a lot. When you focus on something, you try this hard, then I kept finishing second and then I'm not giving up. I'm trying so hard until I get it"

For those of you who've asked me about the format it went like this. After 54 holes of stroke play, the top 24 went on to the draw for Sunday's 6 hole match play on the 10th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 12th and 18th, with the 90-yard shootout hole used to separate those still all square.
 
Bryan Angus
(notes from europeantour.com)




No comments:

Post a Comment