with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, February 25, 2018

England's Eddie Pepperell wins Qatar Masters

European Tour Commercial Bank Qatar Masters final leaderboard http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018018/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

I've been keeping an eye on the European Tour's stop in the Middle East this week and overnight, 27 year old English star Eddie Pepperell edged fellow countryman Oliver Fisher to win the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters by a stroke.

With rounds of 65 66 69 70 -18 it is his first European Tour victory in 129 attempts, but it was in doubt right until the 72nd hole where the pair were separated by a just single stroke as they went up the par five.

Both men laid up, but Pepperell in the rough, hit an excellent third to set up a par which Fisher could only match.

He had this to say in the press tent post round.
"I felt good all day, I felt comfortable. I didn't feel that comfortable with my swing but I was in a great place mentally and I kept telling myself that I'm going to win this.
This will give me confidence. When you win, you know you can win. I've always felt and believed I will win out here but it hadn't happened before today. You've always got to take that step and that's uneasy but at some point in everyone's career they've got to do something for the first time. Hopefully this is not my last
."

Next week the big boys will be at the WGC Mexico Championship ( used to be the Doral Open on the Blue Monster until Cadillac dropped their sponsorship after Donald Trump bought the resort)

For the rest of the tour who want to make the trip to Pretoria, its the Tshwane Open.

Bryan Angus





No comments:

Post a Comment