with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Wednesday, November 4, 2015

McIlroy has nasty case of food poisoning

European Tour WGC- HSBC Championship leaderboard http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2015/tournamentid=2015086/leaderboard/index.html#ba4X2fFojH8LXpbT.97

For all of us who've been laid low with food poisoning, you'll remember that all the problems in life you thought you had just don't seem to matter anymore until you can get off that damn toilet.
 
Rory McIlroy leads the Race to Dubai and is the headliner going into tomorrow's opening round of the big WCG tournament in Shanghai, the problem is he ate something on Monday night which has given him a nasty case of food poisoning, banishing him to his hotel room under heavy medication from the tour doctor, hardly the preparation he had in mind.
 
If he gets over this in time he is set to tee it up with Rickie Fowler and Dustin Johnson for the first two rounds at Sheshan International GC at 1045 local time (945pm Wednesday EST). He cancelled a media event in Shanghai on Tuesday. He then earlier today tried to practise but had to w/d from the Pro-Am due to ongoing abdominal pains. 
He sounds confident he will recover in time to play as he bids for his third Race to Dubai crown in four years and remember he has finished in the top 6 all four years he has played this event.

As for the gory details he had this to say "I thought I would be better this morning, but I had a piece of toast and a couple of bits of melon for breakfast and I came here and tried to hit some balls, but even just making a couple of swings my stomach was too sore. So I just need another day of rest and hopefully I will be better tomorrow and I can play.
“I was up from about 1am to 4am last night. The night before it didn’t start until about 4am, so it hasn’t been great. I’ve seen the doctor who has given me some antibiotics and something for the abdominal pain, plus some painkillers. I’ll be loaded up, so hopefully I will be OK.

It would be nice to see the golf course before tomorrow, but I’ve played it a few times. I didn’t play last year but I know the place well and [my caddie] JP has been out there, so it is better that I rest and get my energy up for tomorrow.”

The marquee pairing of the morning is Jordan Spieth, Bubba Watson and Henrik Stenson off at 945am local time.

The lone Canadian in this elite field is Vancouver's Richard T Lee.
 
Bryan Angus
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment