with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, October 25, 2015

Ko laps the field, makes history with win in Taiwan

LPGA Tour Fubon Taiwan Championship final leaderboard http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/fubon-lpga-taiwan-championship/results

69 67 67 65 -20, 268 $300,000  Those are the numbers that tell the story of Lydia Ko's run away win this week in Taiwan as the 18-year reclaimed the No. 1 spot with her 9 shot win at the Fubon LPGA Taiwan Championship.

It was her 10th career LPGA Tour victory making her the youngest male or female to reach 10 wins at 18 years, 6 months and 1 day old breaking Nancy Lopez’s record by nearly 3 ½ years.

Ko dedicated the win to former New Zealand Golf President Patsy Hankins who passed away earlier this week and someone Ko considers a mentor in her junior days.

I think I was really playing for Patsy this week,” said Ko. “I think just hearing that on Friday morning broke my heart. She was such a huge factor into my life in my junior golf. To hear that she had passed away was very hard to hear that before you’re entering a round. But kind of just played for her the last three days, and I’m so happy that I can bring this win to her and her family.”

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment