with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, March 13, 2015

Woods to miss Arnie's event at Bay Hill.. Masters in doubt..

Tiger Woods addressed the big news of the day Friday the way so many athletes do these days,, via twitter and the internet..


He will not play in next week's Arnold Palmer Invitational, skipping the tournament he has won eight times to continue working on his game he said via Twitter. Woods, who also missed the Arnold Palmer tournament last year due to pending back surgery, won the event in 2012 and 2013, but has not been back to the tournament near Orlando, Florida, since.


Now 39, he has missed at least two tournaments he usually plays in, the Honda Classic and the Arnold Palmer Invitational. The only other tournaments prior to the Masters are the Valero Texas Open and the Shell Houston Open and he last played the Valero event in 1996 and has never played the Houston tournament.


Shedding more light on the state of Tiger's game is Notah Begay, Woods' longtime friend, who has spent time with Woods in recent weeks.
"I spent quite a bit of time the last couple of weeks down at Tiger's house, trying to be a good running mate and going through workouts and practicing with him,'' Begay said during Golf Channel's coverage, "I can attest to the fact that things are improving and that he is putting in some solid workdays. It is just not at the status that he wants it.


This is what Woods had to say....I've put in a lot of time and work on my game and I'm making strides, but like I've said, I won't return to the PGA Tour until my game is tournament ready and I can compete at the highest level, I hope to be ready for the Masters, and I will continue to work hard preparing for Augusta."


Bryan Angus (notes from BBC Reuters, AP)



No comments:

Post a Comment