with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, March 30, 2015

It was a Frosty finish in Mississippi...

Champions Tour Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic final scoreboard http://espn.go.com/golf/leaderboard?tour=champions


For me I will remember this event for a stupid rule that will be changed and a four foot putt that neither Tom Lehman nor anyone else could believe didn't break left..


AP....David Frost survived a one-stroke penalty on the par-3 17th and won the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic when Tom Lehman missed a 4-foot birdie putt on the last hole.


The 55-year-old South African finished with a -4 68 at Fallen Oak for a one-stroke victory over 2011 winner Lehman 70, and second-round leader Kevin Sutherland 72.


Frost was penalized after the coin marking his ball on the green moved when he accidentally dropped the ball on it. That left him with a bogey and cut his lead to a stroke.


"I marked the ball and as I picked it up, the ball just kind of slipped out of my hand, hit the coin and moved it," Frost said. "I knew exactly where it was and I just moved it back and didn't think there was a penalty at all because I knew exactly where it was.
"There is some kind of rule that says in the act of marking the ball if you drop your coin. They told me I dropped the ball, which is an act of negligence and had to incur a one-stroke penalty. I was like, `You've got to be kidding me. Last year disqualified and this year a one-shot penalty.'


Frost who was disqualified last year for moving a stone in a bunker, made a testy-5-footer that broke left and just about missed the hole, for par on the final hole to get to -10 206, then waited as Lehman missed virtually the same putt when it didn't break like Frost's,  for birdie.







No comments:

Post a Comment