with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weirsy's immediate future in doubt..

Mike Weir will play in the Valero Texas Open this weekend alongside Chris Baryla, Matt McQuillan and David Hearn, but although he was scheduled to play the following 2 weeks as well, he issued the following statement on his website after another poor outing at the Masters.

"I'm scheduled to play the next three events on the PGA Tour schedule but that may change considering where my swing is. "If I'm not competitive then there's not really any point in taking up a spot in the field. I'd probably be better off working on my game. I'll spend some time with [swing coach] Mike Wilson and then reassess where things are."

I remember him pulling out of the Puerto Rico open with what turned out to be a cyst on his wrist which he had to have drained, another set back I'm sure he could have done without.

It's hard to imagine or speculate on why this hard working, gifted guy with all the talent in the world can't recover the swing that worked so consistently for him a few years ago, especially off the tee.

The old adage is ' the toughest course in the world is the one between your ears" and although he is renown for his positive upbeat attitude, some of that must be applicable to Weirsy right now, so perhaps getting away from the game until he and Mike Wilson figure something out is the best move.



Bryan Angus also on twitter @mummmbles

No comments:

Post a Comment