with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, November 25, 2023

Lee improves his lead after 54 holes Fortinet Australian PGA Championship... full Sunday scoreboard

 DP World Tour : Fortinet Australian PGA Championship Leaderboard

Min Woo Lee was paired with Adam Scott on Saturday downunder at the Australian PGA Championship.

Lee extends lead to three as he targets third DP World Tour title

He shot 66 with 7 birdies and 2 bogey's on the Royal Queensland GC to extend his lead at -17 while his countryman and friend Adam Scott shot 71 slipped down to 4th at -11.

Lee : "I’ve been hitting the ball so well all year and the results have been there. I just feel like it was just a couple of moments that I stuffed up, like on 8 today, I pulled an iron where I can look back and just hit a 7-iron and draw it off the right side and not be in the trees on the left. Stuff like that, I think everything’s been pretty up to par with how I think I’m going and how I have been going. Yeah, that’s pretty much it. It’s just those little moments.

It’s a course where you can shoot low, so you’re going to be aggressive no matter what. There’s probably a couple of holes where you don’t need to hit driver where I did the last three days. It just all depends. It’s obviously score dependent but I’m here because I played aggressive and I played the way that the game plan has been. So, hopefully I can just do the same."

Three shots behind Lee on -14 is Rikuya Hoshino, who birdied six of his final eight holes to cap off a back-nine 29 and tie Scotsman Connor Syme for a round of the day -7 64 to surge through the leaderboard on moving day.

Adding to rounds of 67 and 68, the six-time Japan Tour winner's first outing in Australia has him firmly in contention to contend for a first DP World Tour title.

“My iron shots were the best, I hit them very close and I had a lot of chances," he said.

"It’s my first time in Australia, so I’m enjoying it. The atmosphere on the 17th hole is great, it’s the most exciting I’ve ever been a part of.

“I want to win on the DP World Tour, I expect a big result. I might be nervous, but I’ll try to sleep well.”

One shot behind him is Australian Curtis Luck on -13, with Adam Scott two further back on -11  Syme, who shot a front nine of 30, enters the final round seven behind on -10 with Lucas Herbert.

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment