with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Five Canadians chasing $20m at Wells Fargo Championship, Rory returns... TEE TIMES

 PGA Tour : Wells Fargo Championship Tee Times

It's another $20,000,000 week on the PGA Tour, this time in Charlotte NC, where the top ranked golfers have gathered including the return of Rory McIlroy who has been missing in action since he missed the cut at the Masters. He has won 3 times at Quail Hollow GC.

I don't know him personally but I'm guessing he just got fed up with his game, and all the daily questioning from the media that is part of the scenario for the top players every day. So he took time off to be a "normal guy" with his wife and kids...

“I think I have always thought I had a good handle and perspective on things and where golf fits within my life,” he said Tuesday, “but I think over the last 12 months I had sort of lost sight of that and I had lost sight of the fact that there is more to life than the golf world.

“I think I gained a little bit of perspective, and once I disconnected I could see things a little clearer and see where everything fits within my life. It was a good reset.”

Had he played the RBC Heritage, McIlroy said, “I would have been doing myself a disservice and doing the people around me a disservice.” He realized during his hiatus that golf had “totally consumed” him for the past year.

“That’s what I’m looking forward to going forward … understanding there are other parts of my life that are important as well,” he said.

Canadians

745 10th  Corey Conners, Tony Finau, Harris English

756 10th  Mac Hughes, Webb Simpson, Seamus Power

818 1st    Adam Svensson, Robert Streb, Gary Woodland

840 1st   Adam Hadwin, Russel Knox, Joe Bramlett

138 10th  Taylor Pendrith, Adam Schenk, Nate Lashley


Notables

734 10th  Rory McIlroy, Matt Fitzpatrick, Jason Day

1243   1st  Tom Kim, Jordan Spieth, Xander Schauffele 

12.54  1st  Justin Thomas, Rickie Fowler, Keegan Bradley

105     1st  Viktor Hovland, Collin Morikawa, Cam Young

World #1 Jon Rahm is taking the week off...


Bryan Angus



No comments:

Post a Comment