with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, April 16, 2017

Will this be the Sunday Graham DeLaet breaks through..

PGA Tour RBC Heritage leaderboard http://www.pgatour.com/competition/2017/rbc-heritage/leaderboard.html

It would be fitting with a Canadian bank, RBC, stepping up to take on the title sponsorship at this historic Harbour Town Golf Links in Hilton Head when it was in danger of dropping out of the PGA Tour schedule, that there would be a Canadian winner.

Today, Graham DeLaet starts play at -12, a shot behind Jason Dufner as he goes again, in pursuit of his first PGA Tour win, with all the bells and whistles that go along with it.

Here's what he is thinking " Obviously, this is the one thing that’s kind of missing, so there’s going to be some battles (inside) that I’m going to have to deal with. I feel like I am ready now, I want to get this monkey off my back, I want to get it done. I'm going to go out and try to have fun. I think if I can do that like I have the past 3 days it's going to be fine"

He and the easy going Dufner are last off at 2pm (est) a shot ahead of Kevin Kisner and Webb Simpson, and 2 ahead of Ian Poulter at -10, who is desperately trying to keep his playing privileges, playing on a medical exemption.

DeLaet has posted 3 sub 70 rounds (65 67 69), has made only 3 bogey's and leads the field in GIR, and as I mentioned yesterday, he is putting as well as ever after a putting lesson from Peter Kostis.

Nick Taylor is having a solid week as he shot 70 for an -8 total T10. Adam Hadwin, is T20th after a 71, David Hearn is T31 after shooting 69.


Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment