with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, April 17, 2017

DeLaet, disappointed but not dismayed, T6 at RBC Heritage

PGA Tour RBC Heritage final leaderboard http://www.pgatour.com/competition/2017/rbc-heritage/leaderboard.html

After all our speculation regarding Graham DeLaet's chances of winning his first PGA Tour event, in the end it was Wesley Bryan who got his, as he rallied to win the RBC Heritage for his first PGA Tour title, closing with a -4 67, -13 271, for a one shot win over Luke Donald at Harbour Town Golf Links

Donald shot 68, it was his fifth second-place finish here since 2009.

It was a disappointing day for DeLaet who shot 73 to end up T6. He wasn't dismayed however. It was his best finish and fourth top 10 of the year.

"I was proud of myself. I had a lot of good chances coming down the stretch. Obviously it's not what I wanted but I'm pretty proud of myself."

This is a career and this is one week of the year that's hopefully a long career for me. This is a small bump in the road but I've played well and I'm happy about it"

" I think I did exactly what I set out to do today and that was to stay calm and stay in the moment and I did that. It was the execution that wasn't there but emotionally and all that and think I did a pretty good job.

It wasn't a good day for Jason Dufner either, who slipped out of contention with a +5 76.

Adam Hadwin (69) and Nick Taylor (72)T22nd at -7 and David Hearn (75) finished T59th. at E.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment