with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, March 12, 2017

SSP Chawrasia defends title at Hero Indian Open

European Tour Hero Indian Open final leaderboard http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2017/tournamentid=2017020/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

SSP Chawrasia doesn't play very well around the world on this European Tour, but when it comes to this national championship at home, he owns it.

With 4 runner up finishes, and a win last year, he simply lapped the field after a long Sunday with rounds of 72 67 68 71 -10 on the very difficult DLF course in New Delhi.

He was 7 shots clear of his nearest rival, Gavin Green from Malaysia at -3. Only seven players managed to break par over 4 days, only 4 shot rounds in the 60's on the last day.

His second win in New Delhi made him the first Indian to successfully defend a European Tour title and the first player to win their first four events in their home country. He also became the first player to successfully defend a European Tour title since Branden Grace won the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters in 2016.

"I'm winning back-to-back so I'm really very happy," he said.

"I was very happy to have everyone supporting me and having my wife here too to see me winning the Indian Open two times back to back. I’m just very, very happy.
"I learned many things this week and hopefully I can play better in Europe. That’s my target next, I have to win in Europe.

"This is probably my best win of my career as it was a really tough course. This week, I made less mistakes and others made more mistakes."

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment