with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, March 2, 2017

Rory McIlroy returns to play WGC Mexico Championship today.

PGA Tour WGC Mexico Championship leaderboard http://www.pgatour.com/competition/2017/wgc-mexico-championship/en/leaderboard.html

This week instead of playing at Doral, 49 of the world's top 50, along with another 25 or so qualifiers are at altitude in Mexico City at Club de Golf Chapultepec, where Rory McIlroy, still bandaged up to protect his ribs, returns to action.

"I would say my focus was on just trying to get ready for this event and play here. I think it’s nice I get to play four rounds, see where my game is, take the week off next week, reassess, how does my body feel, how does my game feel. From there I can start to think about the Masters and what I really need to do to get ready for Augusta"

This new venue is a shot makers course, tight tree lined fairways, small greens, kind old fashioned. Jordan Spieth says “who has best control from really 100 to about 150 yards is really, really important out here."

MacKenzie Hughes is the lone Canadian and he is paired with Brendan Steele at 11.03.

Jason Day is not in the field, citing illness. Of interest for me was Dustin Johnson's presser where he told us the altitude means 15% longer ball flight. He has been hitting wedges 185 yards.

Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment