with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, March 11, 2017

Adam Hadwin has the game to win the Valspar Championship

PGA Tour Valspar Championship leaderboard http://www.pgatour.com/competition/2017/valspar-championship/leaderboard.html

There are 4 Canadians in play for this weekend at the Valspar Championship and one of them is in the lead.

Adam Hadwin with rounds of 68 64 is at -10 after two rounds and nobody else is better than that so far. He will  tee off in the final pairing at 1.45 today with Jim Herman 62 71 -9

Nick Taylor E 72 70, David Hearn E 68 74 and Graham DeLaet 71 71 E are all out early this morning with round 3 now under way.

Remember Hadwin shot that 59 at the CareerBuilder Challenge in January and on this shotmakers Copperhead course at Innisbrook he has the game to win his first PGA tour championship. However the question is can he pull it off.

At Torrey Pines he was in the final group on Saturday but slumped with rounds of 74-76.

On Friday he made five straight birdies on his back nine of 29 then in the presser he explained how he did it. "You can’t go out and shoot -7 on the Copperhead Course without doing everything right. I put myself in position off the tee box, hit a ton of fairways then just really hit the irons solidly today, and here I am going into the weekend.”

The best player left in the field is #6 ranked Henrik Stenson (71) and he is only 3 shots behind in a group at -7 135 along with Russell Henley (71) and Dominic Bozzelli (68).

Still I'll be watching Adam who had this to say about having the lead going into the weekend. "I’ve put myself in position the last couple of years. I feel like the finishes have gotten stronger, and I keep kind of putting myself there going into the weekends. Just getting more comfortable out there. Learning how I feel under pressure, and figuring out how to deal with that. I’m excited for this weekend, what it will bring, and hope to keep some of these scores coming.

Here, here !

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment