with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, October 8, 2026

Chacarra leads Spanish Open at Campo Villa de Madrid...18 hole results

 DP WORLD Tour : Spanish Open  Tee Times Leaderboard

Madrid, Spain  2026-10-08  720am est / 1.20pm Spain

BBC Weather: 8/20**c Sunny with a gentile breeze, 11km/h NE

Acceso al Real Club de Campo Villa de Madrid por la carretera de Castilla, kilómetro 2.

In ideal sunny Spanish weather play is well underway on the Real Club de Campo Villa de Madrid on the DP World Tour.

As the regular season winds down, players here are all trying to improve their standings, the top 100 get Tour cards, the top 70 make it to Abu Dhabi for the playoff November 5th, the top 50 make it to Dubai for the Tour Championship, November 12th.

For live scoring click on my leaderboard link above.

EDIT >>> 2026/10/08..4pm est  10pm Madrid

Race to Dubai contender Eugenio Chacarra battled through the pain barrier with a fractured toe to hold a share of the lead after day one of the Open de España presented by Madrid.

Twice a winner already this season, claiming victories at national opens in the Netherlands and Italy over back-to-back starts in the summer, he carded a -5 66 that contained two eagles as he was later joined at the summit of the leaderboard by Scottish duo Connor Syme and Grant Forrest.

Daniel Hillier, who made his first DP World Tour hole-in-one at the 17th to win a BMW iX5, is in a four-strong group one shot further back at -4  alongside Spanish pair Angel Ayora and Sergio Garcia and Denmark's Jacob Skov Olesen.

A win this week, coupled with a missed cut by Race to Dubai leader Patrick Reed, could see Chacarra take the ascendancy in the pursuit of the Harry Vardon Trophy, with Rory McIlroy sandwiched in between the pair and due to return to action at next week’s DP World India Championship.

However, with two events of the regular season still left before the DP World Tour Play-Offs next month in the United Arab Emirates, the 26-year-old is weighing up the risk of potentially doing further damage ahead of what promises to be an exciting run-in to the DP World Tour season.

"It's been tough," he said. "I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, but obviously I need to take care of myself.

"Obviously, I had a good round, but just how I feel physically, it's not great. I don’t know, it’s just hard. It’s a struggle.

"It doesn’t really hurt when I’m swinging. That’s the only good thing. It’s why I can still make a score, but it’s just been really tough to walk.

"I made it through today but the pain I had [over] the last holes walking is something that I don’t know if it’s worth it because I’ve got a lot to play for in the next couple of weeks."

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment