DP World Tour : Alfred Dunhill Championship Tee Times Leaderboard
**BBC WEATHER : 9/15*c Light cloud, moderate breeze 15km/h W
730am est, 12.30pm St Andrews
Remember the cut at this prestigious DP World Tour Alfred Dunhill Championship Pro-Am is after 54 holes tonight.
If you've never been to this part of Scotland with the North Sea, its what the locals call " a bonnie fresh day for a walk" plenty of sunshine, the tide is out right now, the distinctive smell of the salt sea air, the cry of the gulls and gannets fill the air.
Therein lies the "auld grey toon" of St Andrews, the ancient homes all built of granite and slate, a university town, the "Home of Golf" with the Cathedral ruins that millions visit every year to see the impressive grave of Young Tom Morris, Open Champion, who as legend would have it, died of a broken heart, aged just 26.
LEADERS
As for the golf, the top three with round 3 well underway:
T1. South African Casey Jarvis 66 67 -16 so far, Englishman Matthew Jordan 69 65 -16 so far. 3. Belgian Thomas Detry who plays on the faltering LIV, 70 66 -13 so far.
The projected cut is at -6.
FINAL EDIT 2pm EST 7pm St Andrews
Casey Jarvis said he is realising every golfer's dream by taking a two-shot lead at St Andrews into the final round of the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship as he goes in search of his third win of the season on the DP World Tour.
In windy conditions around The Old Course, St Andrews on Saturday, second-round leader Jarvis extended his lead to two shots over Matthew Jordan and Adrian Meronk with a bogey-free 65 to sit on -18
Jarvis, who claimed the Magical Kenya Open presented by Asba and the Investec South African Open Championship earlier this year, said he is keen to enjoy the moment as he attempts to become the first three-time winner this season.
"I'm super pleased," Jarvis said after his round.
"I just felt like I was in control of my game today. I was really solid tee-to-green, and luckily rolled in a couple putts. I didn't find that -- he found the wind pretty tricky on the front nine. I'm not a big fan of left-to-right wind off the tee with driver. So I managed it pretty well, and yeah, super pleased.
"Every golfer dreams of taking a lead, playing the Old Course on Sunday. I got goosebumps right now just standing here. I just can't wait for tomorrow. Even if I don't win, you know, to be taking the lead, I'm just going to enjoy it as much as I can.
"But I'm just going to try and manage it as much as I can. I'm playing tomorrow with my Am, as well, and it's so nice. We have fun out there, and I think that's going to really help me tomorrow."
Jordan, who is searching for his first DP World Tour victory after two runner-ups this season, added a third round 66 to opening 69 at St Andrews and an impressive -7 65 at Carnousties, which beat his previous best score on the Angus Links by five strokes.
The 30-year-old claimed his first big amateur title here in 2017, the St Andrews Links Trophy, and will be looking for a full-circle moment on Sunday.
"I want to be in the last few groups and I want to give myself a really good chance, certainly, on Sunday, and yeah, that's what I've done today," he said. "So let's see what tomorrow brings.
"I have a few memories, my dad was an R&A member before I was a pro. I have a few memories of him and my dad playing the Old Course, which was brilliant. So of course the St Andrews Links, I managed to win that one as well, my first big amateur title. It's a place I'm quite fond of."
SUMMARY
Four-time DP World Tour Meronk carded the joint-lowest round of the day at Kingsbarns, which featured seven birdies and an eagle for a -9 63.
One behind Jordan and Meronk is Thomas Detry on -15, a shot ahead of Danish pair Niklas Norgaard and Jacob Skov Olesen -14 who also posted a 63 at Kingsbarns on Saturday.
Sepp Straka's 64 was the lowest round in St Andrews to put him on -13-, with a pack of nine players on -12 that includes former champions Robert MacIntyre and Matt Fitzpatrick.
In the team competition, 20 teams made the cut for the final round Pro-Am at St Andrews with Meronk and Tom Chaplin leading the way on -31, alongside David Law and Will Ahmed.
Click here for Pro-Am Leaderboard.
Bryan Angus
No comments:
Post a Comment