with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, December 3, 2020

Sullivan still flying high in Dubai... full leaderboard

 European Tour Golf in Dubai Championship  Leaderboard

Andy Sullivan continued his rich vein of form at Jumeirah Golf Estates - Fire Course to take a three shot lead at the halfway mark of the 2020 Golf in Dubai Championship presented by DP World.

Andy Sullivan

Sullivan produced a stunning 61 to set the new course record during the first round and hold a two shot overnight lead but when he started on Thursday afternoon, he found himself three shots behind fellow Englishman Ross Fisher.

Fisher has yet to card a bogey in Dubai but he was eventually overtaken by a patient Sullivan, who had birdie chances on every hole on the back nine, to sign for a 66 and 17 under par overall.

Matt Wallace joined Fisher at 14 under in a tie for second, with Scot Craig Howie, German Max Schmitt and Frenchman Antoine Rozner two shots further back to round off the top five.

"It was basically just to stay patient and give ourselves as many chances as possible," Sullivan said.

"It is hard, as much as I had to work hard at staying patient today, when I was three under through nine it didn't feel as good as yesterday.

"You know you are still on the right track. I knew I was swinging it well and I knew if I kept giving myself opportunities I could make a few coming in. If you told me I would shoot 61-66, I would have snapped your hand off.

"It sounds cliche but I just stuck to my process of what I could do. It was the only thing I can control out there and it's been working. I feel like I have the golf ball in some sort of control at the moment. It just feel really comfortable out there."

No comments:

Post a Comment