with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, December 4, 2020

Sullivan keeps his lead heading into Sunday at Golf in Dubai Championship.. full scoreboard

 Golf in Dubai Championship Leaderboard

Andy Sullivan will take a two shot lead into the final round of the 2020 Golf in Dubai Championship presented by DP World following a composed 68 at Jumeirah Golf Estates - Fire Course.

Andy Sullivan

Sullivan has been in fine form in Dubai following a stunning opening round of 61 before a patient 66 on Friday helped him sit three strokes clear at 17 under par. 

The front nine on Moving Day presented plenty of opportunities to card birdies and Sullivan carded three as he reached the turn with a comfortable four shot advantage.

Playing partners Matt Wallace and Ross Fisher were in hot pursuit, with the former cutting the deficit to one stroke with three holes remaining, but Sullivan finished birdie-birdie-par to get to 21 under par ahead of Saturday's final round.

"I'm happy with four under," Sullivan said. "I didn't think I played brilliant golf. Started off really nicely front nine, played really solid.

"Ten through to 14 I didn't really swing that great, didn't give myself many chances, dug deep and managed to get a few birdies coming home. Four under is a fair reflection of how I played.

"All in all, stayed patient and got my just desserts coming in with those two birdies. That's what we were talking about before we got out there, it's about being patient and I'm sure it will be the same tomorrow.

"There's a lot of golf to be played, a lot of birdies to be made tomorrow. Just got to go out there and play golf. If I play as good as I did the first two days I'll be a confident man.

No comments:

Post a Comment