with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hoey hangs on to win at St Andrews

I must admit St Andrews is very dear to me, I have asked that my ashes are scattered on the 18th green, on a rainy night so I don't get blown into the north sea, and we have scattered my brothers ashes just off the fairway at the road hole where his drive always seemed to end up. You have to be there, smell it, feel it, walk where all the greats except Ben Hogan have walked, where the history of golf was made, for your golfing career to be complete.

I have said a million times as I stand over a putt, "this to win the Open at St Andrews"

Well it wasn't the Open but Michael Hoey after a nice drive on 18, hit a beauty of a pitch and run up through the valley of sin was 4 feet away with 2 putts to win the Dunhill Links, he only needed one for what will be a career altering win, his 3rd, and another for the incredible run Northern Ireland is on, in fact Rory finished 2nd and GMac T3 !!

I thought Rory was going to run away with it when he went out in 30 shots, but after a birdie at 11, he missed a bunch of putts to par in for 65.

Live scoring click herehttp://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011071/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

Bryan Angus also on twitter@mummmbles

No comments:

Post a Comment