with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, August 30, 2024

Hatton leads British Masters.. full scoreboard

 DP World Tour :Leaderboard

Tyrrell Hatton holds a one-shot lead at the halfway stage of the Betfred British Masters hosted by Sir Nick Faldo after adding a second-round 65 to his opening 69.

Tyrrell Hatton takes narrow lead into weekend at The Belfry

The six-time DP World Tour winner made the most of ideal morning conditions on Friday to set the clubhouse target at ten under par.

And with none of the afternoon starters able to catch him at the summit, he takes a slender lead into the weekend.

Among those looking to hunt him down are nearest challengers Jorge Campillo, Brandon Stone and Jeong weon Ko, who sit one shot off the lead on -9

Afternoon starter Stone shot the lowest round of the day, with the South African's 64 containing nine birdies - including seven in eight holes around the turn - and a single bogey.

Ko's fellow Frenchman Tom Vaillant and Dane Niklas Nørgaard were another shot behind that trio, in a tie for fifth.

He said: "It was nice to see some putts go in today, to be honest. 

"I definitely hit the ball better yesterday but the big difference was I holed a few putts, which was nice. I'll try and take that momentum into the weekend now.

"It's the first time I've played (the course) this week. I'd walked around it - I think I was maybe 17 at the time - with the England junior squad, we were following some of the guys.

He added: "I think any time we get to play in England, fans always come out and we have good support.

"I'm definitely enjoying that. As I said earlier, I'm looking forward to the weekend. I think the crowds will be pretty special."

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment