with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, August 26, 2024

France's latest star, rookie Freddy Lacroix a 65 Sunday to win in Denmark... final results..

 DP World Tour: Danish Golf Championship....Results

Frederic Lacroix secured his maiden DP World Tour title after firing a flawless 65 to win the Danish Golf Championship by four shots.

    Frederic Lacroix-2168405022

    Lacroix began the day four strokes off the lead but soon closed the gap courtesy of birdies at the first, fifth and seventh.

    The 29-year-old then moved three shots ahead of the chasing pack with further birdies on the tenth, 12th and 15th before parring his way home to finish on -14 and wrap up a memorable win.

    The Frenchman has enjoyed a fine season since graduating from the European Challenge Tour last year, with this victory his fifth top-five finish of the campaign.

    Countryman Romain Langasque and home favourite Lucas Bjerregaard finished in a T2 -10 with last week's winner David Ravetto alone in fourth another shot further back at -9

    Lacroix said: "It's hard to realise yet. It's going to come a bit later but I'm just happy to have a good round.

    "I think it was bogey-free today so I'm very happy with that today.

    "I've been close a few times, especially this year, and I've just been improving the last few years, slowly but steadily.

    "I just kept doing my thing and it's nice to see it all coming together with a win today."

    Lacroix revealed he drew inspiration from seeing his fellow Frenchman and friend Ravetto lift the trophy at last week's D+D REAL Czech Masters.

    He added: "Seeing my friend win last week, David - it showed that it's possible, it's more than doable. I'm just a bit lost for words now."

    europeantour.com

    Bryan Angus (edit)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment