with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, December 16, 2023

Oosthuizen leads after 54 holes in Mauritius... Saturday scoreboard

 DP World Tour : AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open Leaderboard

Louis Oosthuizen moved himself into pole position to make it back-to-back wins on the DP World Tour with a third-round 65 at the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open.

Louis Oosthuizen back on top in Mauritius

The South African lifted the trophy last time out at the Alfred Dunhill Championship and five days later opened up a one-shot lead as he moved to -14 at Heritage La Réserve Golf Club.

Countryman Jacques P de Villiers was the nearest challenger after firing a 68 -13 two shots clear of England's Laurie Canter, who carded a 65 to get to -11 

South Africans Jaco Prinsloo 67 -10 and Jayden Schaper 67 -10 were then four shots off the lead.

Oosthuizen - who helped design this week's layout alongside Peter Matkovich - made three eagles in his round to go with four birdies and two bogeys.

"I think that was the first time I ever did three eagles in one round and I missed a short putt for eagle on eight," he said.

"I played really well, I got very lucky on number 12 finding my ball and then made a big putt for birdie, but all in all just played well.

"I was giving myself opportunities and I still feel like I'm rolling the ball good on the green so hopefully I can do the same tomorrow.

"I'm playing well so it's all going to be on how I manage myself and think process around this golf course.

"It's nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time to come here as the co-designer but Peter has done a phenomenal job."

South Africans Pieter Moolman and Lyle Rowe carded rounds of 69 and 70 respectively to sit at -9, a shot clear of countrymen Darren Fichardt 70 -8 and Dylan Naidoo 71 -8, Germans Marcel Schneider 73 -8 and Marcel Siem 70 -8 and England's Paul Waring 72 -8

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)


No comments:

Post a Comment