with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, December 22, 2023

Merry Christmas, Happy healthy New Year !!

I just wanted to take a wee moment to wish everyone all the very best this Christmas and as we say good bye (or good riddance) to 2023, a happy, healthy New Year 2024.

Recently I posted my 5000th article on this site, and those don't include my blog on the Fan590 where I wrote, produced and cohosted our Fairways golf show every Saturday morning at 7am from 1992 - 2011, most of that with Bob Weeks and Scott Metcalfe.

My father Bill who was with us for 97 years used to call me " the horizontal champ" when I was a teen because while he never used an alarm clock he was up at 5am every day for work and could never get me out of bed.

Little did I know I'd follow in his footsteps,, especially my 20 years at the Fan590 up at 3.30am six days a week, doing morning radio with Pat Marsden and John Derringer before Derringer left in mid contract to return to Q107.

Our PD Nelson Millman to whom I am forever grateful for hiring me in 1992, replaced Derringer with a guy called Don Landry who now writes for the Argos, and when Pat retired, Gordie Stellick joined us. Our very talented board op at the time Jeff Sammut has gone on to broadcast his own show on Sirius radio "Canada Talks".

All those years at the Fan, I always made sure after giving my time 24/7 to the station I took 2 weeks off over Christmas and New Years to be with the family, and sleep in !! You may remember we ran our pre recorded Year in Review on air to give as many staff time off, and of course we still had the Leafs games on at night with Joe Bowen and various partners over his career, Bill Waters, Gord Stellick and Jim Ralph..

As I get older, now semi retired, writing here and working 6 months with the City of Toronto, time flies by, especially when I am off the "clock" at work, the days are over before they start.

That reminds me how important it is to make the most of every day, how important to make somebody smile, help those around you less fortunate even in all the little ways, tell your family you love them, set a good example. Life as you get older is fleeting....

Take care of your health, exercise, even just a 30 minute walk daily or as often as you can, see your doctor regularly, eat properly, drink moderately because I know being a type 1 diabetic who has survived a 2008 brain aneurism, " you never appreciate your health until you lose it"

If you are young reading this here are two good tips: 

** Surround yourself with 1. A great partner who should be your best friend, one you respect

2. A great doctor to guide you   3, A great dentist who will always be there for the inevitable

 emergencies  4. A great lawyer to guide you with your interests at heart, not his money 

5.. A great mechanic, one who you can trust



** Take care of your money when you are young, it will take care of you when you are old.

As always, see you for a very interesting, game changing year in golf 2024.


Bryan Angus



No comments:

Post a Comment