with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Faldo to retire, Koepka jumps to LIV Series

I was looking at the field for this weeks Travelers Championship with Rory , Scheffler and a slew of other top players in Connecticut  and I thought "man that's a 3rd straight strong field" ie RBC Canadian and of course the US Open.

Now I find out there's a players meeting going on right now, with another statement coming  tomorrow from commissioner Jay Monahan, which is about the time Brooks Koepka will be jumping for the money next week when the LIV Series plays it's next event in Portland, Oregon.

Brooks Koepka is reportedly set to join the LIV Golf Invitational Series.

Koepka is not in the players meeting apparently, although he is listed in the field at the Travelers. Abraham Ancer from Mexico is also expected to join. 

""Money doesn't matter, it's not something that's important, it doesn't make me happy. I just want to be happy. I just want to play against the best. If someone gave me $200,000,000 tomorrow it wouldn't change my life, I have enough money to retire right now." were recent words on the matter from Brooks.

LIV say they will be making an announcement "in coming days" 

Meanwhile CBS has announced Nick Faldo told them at the beginning of the year he will be retiring in August after 16 years "in the tower" where he calls the play off a TV monitor.

He says he spoke to his "team" most importantly his wife Lindsey before making the decision, saying he's been on the road for 4 decades and has tired of the travel.

If he had spoke with me, he could have retired 16 years ago.

Trevor Immelman from South Africa will replace him.

Bryan Angus 


No comments:

Post a Comment