with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, August 16, 2021

Gay and proud of it, LPGA veteran Ryan O'Toole breaks through at the Trust Golf Women's Scottish Open

 LPGA/LET :Trust Golf Women's Scottish Open final scoreboard Results

Gina Marra ran out onto the green and kissed her finance Ryan O'Toole who had just put an end to 228 attempts to win on the LPGA Tour with a final round -8 64 -17 to beat Lydia Ko 63 and Atthaya Thitikul 66 by 3 shots on the brand new Dunbarnie Links, Fife just down the coast from St Andrews.

Getty Images

FIFE, Scotland — Ryann O’Toole won her first LPGA Tour event


" It's nice to be able to share that, and to be myself out there and have her greet me on the green, and live in a world today where I'm not scared to hide that" said O'Toole, now a 34 year old veteran who had retirement and children on her mind, until Sunday. She and Gina have been together in a relationship for 5 years and are getting married in December.

"I've never wanted to be a mum on tour, it doesn't sound like fun to me, but at the same time I don't know if I could stop playing now. I'm excited and happy, all the heartache the hard work and the grind and constant travel for this one moment, I hope it happens again and again"

There were no Canadians in the field which moves up the coast over the Tay Road bridge to Carnoustie for the Women's Open for the last major of the year. Brooke Henderson is playing.

Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment