with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, September 24, 2010

Casey the best of the big 5 on a 'dull' day in Atlanta

I don't mean dull, as in cloudy weather, I mean dull as in little drama. I agree with my colleague Bob Weeks on this.. Playoffs, the way we Canadians think of them, tense, fast paced, life or death exciting, just don't work in golf.

Does this feel like anything other than just another tournament ?

The answer is no, despite all the story lines and all that is at stake.. Anyhow much more on that later, plus what I would do to change this whole 'who cares' Fed Ex setup.

Paul Casey played the best of the big five

Casey -4, 66
Hoffman +1 71
Kuchar +2, 72
Johnson +3 73
Stricker +4 74

There is a  3 way tie for the lead all at -4, 66  Casey, Ogilvy, Donald
At -3, 67 is Jim Furyk
KJ Choi is in at -2, 68, then Mickelson, Mahan and Day all at -1, 69

My man Ernie Els +1 71  and the worst of the field were Martin Laird and Bubba Watson at +5, 75

It's 5am and I am getting ready to head to the gym, but when I get back let's talk about a possible solution to this 4 week playoff system, or if in fact we even need one

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment