with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Cockerill's European tour now in Spain.. Estrella Damm N.A Masters...TEE TIMES

 DP World Tour : Andalucia Masters Tee Times

The European Tour (DP World Tour) is in Spain this week with big fish Jon Rahm in the field..

Jon Rahm is relishing the chance to add a new DP World Tour title on home soil to his glittering CV as he prepares to compete at the Estrella Damm N.A. Andalucía Masters.

Jon Rahm-2178490391

After narrowly missing out on claiming a record fourth Open de España title last month, the Spaniard has top billing again this week as he returns to the tournament for the first time since 2021.

The event was then held at Real Club Valderrama but last year it moved to nearby Real Club de Sotogrande and Rahm arrives in excellent form, with four top tens in as many starts.

So, with confidence high, ten-time DP World Tour winner Rahm is eager to produce once again in front of home crowds.

“It’s always a different feeling being back in Spain,” he said.

“I think my emotions can be heightened when playing in front of the Spanish crowds.

“Obviously, I always want to do well but when I come home it’s something that makes me want to play a little bit better and is one of the reasons I have done so well in the past.

“I’m looking forward to the week and hopefully I can do well again."

The two-time Major Champion and his wife Kelley welcomed their third child, a daughter named Alaia just ahead of his back-to-back appearances in his national open and the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, but Rahm feels refreshed after a week at home in the United States.

These events on the DP World Tour always happen at the end of the year for me so it feels like it takes a little longer to recharge," he said.

“I’ve been home, the kids had a full break in the United States so to have all three of them at home all week was a lot of fun.

“It’s a lot of work but I don’t usually get the chance to be Dad for that long, so mentally it was a very nice break for me.”

edit**** Canada's Aaron Cockerill continues in search of his first DP World Tour title. He begins his week on the 10th tee at 1340 hours (1.40pm) with veteran South African Darren Fichardt, Thailand's Kiradech Aphibarnrat.

He is currently ranked 43 in the Race to Dubai and 255 owgr. The final regular season event goes to Korea next week for the Genesis Championship with the top 70 qualifying for the playoffs November 7 at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship. 

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)




No comments:

Post a Comment