with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, January 26, 2019

DeChambeau on line for his first "international" win at Omega Dubai Desert Classic

European Tour Omega Dubai Desert Classic leaderboard http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2019/tournamentid=2019012/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y#/leaderboard

Bryson DeChambeau remains on course to achieve his dream of winning his first overseas victory this week after producing a -4 68 earlier this morning to take a one-shot lead into the final round of the Omega Dubai Desert Classic.

The "scientist" as the European commentators call he fired six birdies and two bogeys to get to -16 for a one-stroke lead over defending champion Chinese star Li Haotong with 18 holes remaining.

Li closed his third-round -5 67 with back-to-back birdies to sit alone in second place, two shots ahead of three time winner Ernie Els (70)  and Matt Wallace on (69) -13.

All DeChambeau has to do is watch Els in the group in front of him tomorrow for inspiration to become a truly International player. Ernie continues to travel the world, in fact Gary Player who really pioneered circling the globe to play golf, says he has travelled some 15 million miles in his storied career. DeChambeau's six wins have all come  in the USA.

Lucas Herbert (72) who had led alongside DeChambeau after 36 holes, Challenge Tour graduate Kalle Samooja (68) 2011 winner Alvaro Quiros (71) and Thorbjørn Olesen (68) were then in a T5 on -12 under.

After his third round, DeChambeau said: "I can't express to you how awesome it would be to win on the European Tour. I'm still leading, obviously. It's fantastic. I couldn't be displeased with that but my expectation levels are for how I know I can perform, and I feel like I'm under-performing a little bit.

"I'm still in the lead, still got the job done. I made it happen when necessary and hopefully I can have one more of those days and maybe even a better-ball striking day."


Bryan Angus
(europeantour.com)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment