with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, April 22, 2012

Grace wins for the 3rd time this year.

Branden Grace began 2012 as a relatively obscure South African golfer, that has all changed..

Moments ago he added the Volvo China Open to previous wins at The Joburg Open and Volvo Golf Champions to become only the second player in European Tour history to win three times in the season after graduating through Qualifying School, Johan Edfors' did it in 2006.

Only two players have won three European Tour titles in a single season at a younger age, Seve Ballesteros did it three times between 1977 and 1980, and Sandy Lyle did it in 1979.

Grace also becomes only the third South African to win three times in a single season, and again he is in the company of Major winners – Ernie Els and Retief Goosen are the others to do so.

Today he shot -3 69 -21 to win by 3 shots from the big hitting Belgian Nicolas Colsaerts -3 69 -18..

"If I think back now to last year and playing on the Challenge Tour and just trying to get back to the main Tour and really just trying to make a living it was tough at points. So to be here with three wins is amazing. Everything is going great. I wouldn’t have thought I would have been top 70 in the world and it is nice to know that I don’t have to worry about a lot of stuff and I will just be able to play the game with a smile on my face and try to push on from here"

Final scoreboard and earnings click  http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2012/tournamentid=2012022/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

Note **
As I watched this morning I was reminded that 30 years ago there was 1 course, designed by Arnie Palmer, in China, now there are more than 600 !! How long before China produces their own Rory McIlroy ?? Not very, I say..


Bryan Angus also on twitter@mummmbles and at www.isr1050.com

No comments:

Post a Comment