with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, January 26, 2024

Cockerill in for the weekend in Dubai.. Hojgaard twins dominate leaderboards...TEE TIMES

 DP World Tour : Ras Al Khaimah Championship Leaderboard  Tee Times

With round 2 wrapping up at this Ras Al Khaimah Championship, the low scoring continued with the leaders at -14. 

The Danish Hojgaard twins are on display this week. Rasmus 66 64 -14 leads in Dubai along with Spaniard Manual Elvira 68 62 -14, meanwhile the older Hojgaard, Nicolai is in 2nd on the PGA Tour at Torrey Pines.

AARON COCKERILL (PHOTO BY ROSS KINNAIRD/GETTY IMAGES)

The cut fell at -3 and Aaron Cockerill is in handily 67 70 -7 although he dropped 16 places. 5 birdies this morning, but 3 bogey's, a 3 putt at the 2nd, failed to get up and down from the greenside bunker at the 6th and drove it into the water at the 12th were his only 3 blemishes,

He's currently T27 heading into the weekend with it all to play for. The average score on the Al Hamra GC so far 69.31

He recently had this to say about his good form from his home in Dubai.

 “I think a lot of that has to do with my habits away from the golf course. When we’re over here at the start of the season I’m kind of secluded, in terms of what my normal day to day would be at home. 

Here it's golf course, practice, gym, work hard. I'm going pretty hard and not really doing a lot in between. Not that I want to be a drill sargeant all season but I know I need to stay pretty disciplined and keep up with my practice habits.

There’s still a long way to go but it’s obviously better to start in a good position than be behind the 8-ball, Last week I only lost to three other guys and a couple of them are really, really highly ranked golfers, I mean, those guys are all within the top 30 in the world, I think so, it’s exciting.


Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment