with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, January 21, 2023

Henderson clear by 4 shots after 2 rounds LPGA Tournament of Champions..full scoreboard

 LPGA Tour: Hilton Grand Vacations Tournament of Champions..leaderboard here..

Perhaps inspired by playing with Annika Sorenstam and Hall of Fame pitcher and scratch golfer John Smoltz, Brooke Henderson went out and made 4 birdies in her first 5 holes, added 2 more on the  back for -6 66 and a -11 total 4 shots clear of Nelly Korda heading into Saturday's 3rd round.

I'll leave the analysis of her game to Sorenstam " She played really really well. I don't think she missed many shots, she had some good chances, hit her iron shots really straight and drove it well. I said 'good shot a lot."

Henderson although pleased, was cautious. "There's lots of golf to be played it's only half way. There are a lot of talented players who are going to go low this weekend, so I just have to do the same.

Coming into this year I want to be in contention more often, so to be in the final groups this weekend is really neat, a good start"

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment