with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, January 26, 2023

Ben Silverman wins in the Bahamas on the Korn Ferry Tour... final results

 Korn Ferry Tour : Bahamas Great Abaco Classic : final results here.

Ben Silverman took a big step towards regaining his PGA Tour card with a clutch playoff win in the Bahamas.


He lead by two shots after 3 rounds and began round 4 with -5 front nine. Heading into the back nine with a 5 shot lead he looked in great shape but he stalled with a bogey at 11 and a killer double at the last for 70 when he had the tournament won 

Hard charging American Cody Blick made his birdie at the 18th to tie Silverman on -15 to force a playoff

He returned the favour on the 18th when Blick made a double leaving Ben to make a par for the title. His first since the Price Cutter Championship in 2017 as I mentioned yesterday.

He was understandably jubilant after the round. " Emotionally I'm very proud of myself, even if I had finished 2nd it was a phenomenal week, the trophy makes it that much sweeter.

I''m going to celebrate with my wife, family, all of our team when I get home. it's very special "



With Brooke Henderson winning the Hilton Grand Vacations TOC, and Mike Weir finishing 2nd at the Mitsubishi Electric on the Senior Circuit, Nick Taylor fighting back for a T8 in Hawaii, and now Silverman, Canadian golfers have been shining over the last 2 weeks.

Bryan Angus 

No comments:

Post a Comment