with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, October 15, 2022

Spaniard Otaegui leads at Valderrama... full scoreboard

 Spain's Adrian Otaegui leads the 2022 Estrella Damm N.A. Andalucía Masters by six shots after posting a third-round 64. Leaderboard

Spaniards star at Valderrama

Otaegui carded eight birdies and one bogey on Saturday to head into the final round on 16 under par, with countryman Angel Hidalgo and Swede Joakim Lagergren his nearest challengers on ten under.

Home hope Hidalgo delighted the bumper crowds at Real Club Valderrama with a tremendous closing birdie to sign for a 70 which contained four birdies and three bogeys.

Lagergren, meanwhile, made an eagle, five birdies - including four in a row from the 11th - and three bogeys in his 67.

Australia's Min Woo Lee was another shot back in fourth, two ahead of fifth-placed Robert MacIntyre.

Otaegui said: "I’m very happy, everything went perfectly today. I putted well, I felt very comfortable. The crowds were pushing amazingly, so that was unbelievable. 

"I had a very good start with a nice birdie on the second and then three birdies in a row at four, five, six and that gave me a bit of momentum. 

"I felt good on the course, tried to enjoy it, tried to stay focused. I missed a couple of birdie putts at the beginning of the front nine but finished with three good birdies."

No comments:

Post a Comment