with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, May 27, 2022

Weir just a shot off the lead at KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship

 PGA Tour Champions: KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship 

 

On a day of low scoring on a soft Harbour Shores course in Michigan, at the 2nd major of the year , the Senior PGA Championship, Mike Weir posted a -6 65 leaving him T3 just a shot off the lead by Kiwi sensation Steve Alker and Bob Estes -7 64.

Weirsy, now 52, had a good closing round of 67 at the last major, The Tradition, and had this to say. " I started to find something there with my short game, my putting in particular, and I carried it forward today"

Playing the course backwards he began with a birdie 4 at the 10th, then added 3 more, then after the turn he had 2 bogey's but 4 more birdies.

Other Canadians:  Stephen Ames T17 -3 68, David Morland T87 +2 73, Kevin Baker T144 +8 79

The cut is projected at +1. More rain is in the forecast for today.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment