with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, May 28, 2022

Ames in the lead, Weir T3 going into the weekend at Senior PGA Championship... full leaderboard

 PGA Tour Champions: KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship LEADERBOARD

Stephen Ames is tied for the lead with  Scott McCarron after rounds of -5 66 with a -8 total 134 which is 2 shots ahead of Mike Weir (71), Bernhard Langer (68), Brian Gay (68) and Steve Alker (72) all at -6 132.

In cold wet weather at Bent Harbour, Michigan,  Ames managed to offset a double bogey with 6 birdies, all over his last 11 holes. " Even though I lived in Canada I never went out and played in this, I've never been a fan of cold weather. Putting has been a bit of an issue over the last six weeks. I've had a lot of opportunities but couldn't make the putts to finish them off."

He has 4 top 10 finishes this year and is living in the same house with McCarron this week.

Weir who opened with -6 65 had 2 birdies, played well on his front nine but stalled on the back finishing with 2 bogey's for his 71. " I kind of struggled to get in, lost my swing a bit on the back nine"

David Morland 73 76 and Kevin Baker 79 75 both missed the cut.

More bad weather is on the menu for today, cold and wet.

Bryan Angus 

No comments:

Post a Comment