with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Furyk edges in front of Cup race, Ames T6 at Charles Schwab Cup Championship.. live scoreboard

Champions Tour: Charles Schwab Cup Championship leaderboard here

First here are the situations for the 4 men who have the chance of winning the Charles Schwab Cup as we head into the weekend this Saturday morning in Phoenix.

Jim Furyk watches his tee shot on the ninth hole during the first round of the PGA Championship golf tournament at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J., Thursday, July 28, 2016. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

Seth Wenig/Associated Press

Jim Furyk and Bernhard Langer are in a dead heat as it stands before round 3 begins. Furyk who won the Fed Ex Cup in 2010 is T3 after a -10 65 67 while Langer who is struggling with a bad back this week is T31 after -2 68 72. Furyk is projected to overtake him. He'd become the only player to win both Cups.

Miguel Jimenez is T14 70 66 -6 and Ernie Els T32 68 73 -1 are the othr two and they have to win to take the Cup, but the lead by Kirk Triplett is 65 64 -13, so their chances are slim.

Steven Alker

Charles Schwab Cup Championship as I mentioned see's journeyman Kirk Triplett with a 2 shot lead at -13 and he is in the final pair today with 50 year old Steven Alker the sensational KIWI rookie who is 2nd 65 66 -11 and he is the David amongst the Champions Tour giants, with no status and a journeyman pro career on tours around the world, including the Korn Ferry 

Speaking of those giants Phil Mickelson T3 65 67 -10 and Furyk 65 67 -10 will be playing right in front of them.

Top Canadian, another Stephen, this one Ames who is T6 67 67 -8 so a big moving day would be what he needs today to have any chance on Sunday, Mike Weir is 9 behind the lead, T21 68 70 -4.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment