with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, November 19, 2021

Hughes, Connors amongst the leaders with low scores at RSM Classic... live leaderboards..

 PGA Tour: RSM Classic leaderboard here.

I have never played the Plantation course, or the Seaside course at this luxurious resort on Sea Island in Georgia, but in ideal conditions the pros just tore them apart on Thursday with at least 8 players who had at one point in their rounds, a chance to shoot 59. You have to go all the way to 142nd to find anyone over par.

Canadians: Mac Hughes won this RSM Classic in 2016 and he has opened up with T2nd -9 63 on the Plantation course. Players all have courses they feel confident on and he is open about this event being his favourite stop on tour. 

"I feel like I've played well here over the years, it was nice to see a low score to start, I love  coming to Sea Island, it will always be one of my favourite stops on tour"

There is no rain in the forecast but there is a significant wind expected to blow Friday and Saturday from the NE, not a gale, but 25kph.

Corey Connors played well,T6th -8 62 on the Seaside Course, bogey free, with 6 straight birdies between the 5th-10th. " I feel like my ball striking was really good, I hit it close a lot of times "

Adam Hadwin T34 -5 67 (PL), Michael Gligic T34 -5 65 (SS), David Hearn T55 -4 68 (PL), Taylor Pendrith T55 -4 68 (PL), Roger Sloan T83 -3 67 (SS) Adam Svensson T123 -1 71 (PL)

The leader of a packed scoreboard beginning play this Friday morning is Sebastian Munoz from Bogota, Columbia, -10 60 (SS)

Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment