with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, July 1, 2016

Martin Laird at home in altitude of Reno Nevada..

PGA Tour Barracuda Championship leaderboard http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/barracuda-championship/leaderboard.html

Scotland's Martin Laird made eight birdies to lead the Barracuda Championship in the altitude of the Montreux GC in Reno Nevada and if he can keep this up he will return home to play in the Open Championship in two weeks at Royal Troon.

Because the Greenbrier Classic has been canceled next week, a spot in the Open is now on offer to the leading player this week not already eligible.

Laird left Scotland to play golf at the altitude of Colorado State and has lived in Florida his entire professional career. He finished with 15 points in the modified Stableford scoring.

I played five years at 5,000 feet, so I’m pretty comfortable with the yardages,” Laird said. “It’s hard to make yourself trust it sometimes. I almost know how far I hit my clubs anyway without having to do the adjustments. So that’s a little easier for me. … You’ve got to go with what you think it is and hit your shot.”

Big hitting Gary Woodland who won here in 2013  is on 14 points along with Camilo Villegas and Greg Chalmers.

T15th at 9 points are Graham DeLaet  who is playing for the first time in a month dealing with a bad case if the yips, and Nick Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment