with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, July 1, 2016

Brooke Henderson shoots 65, leads in Portland

LPGA Tour Cambia Portland Classic leaderboard http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/cambia-portland-classic/leaderboard

Defending champion Brooke Henderson shot a -7 65 to take a two-stroke lead after the opening round of the LPGA Cambia Portland Classic.

She obviously is very comfortable on this course, called Columbia Edgewater as she hit 16 greens and made nine birdies on an ideal calm day for scoring.

I love tree-lined courses, and that’s very much what this course is. With the bent grass, which is kind of what I grew up on, I really like it. It suits my eye,” Henderson said. “Then winning here, that gives me those extra vibes and adrenaline, which I think will help as the week goes on. This golf course, being out here in the Northwest, in the beautiful temperature, I like wearing long sleeves and pants.”

Angela Stanford, Demi Runas and Mariajo Uribe each shot 67 while Carlota Ciganda, Jaye Marie Green, Ayako Uehara and Daniela Iacobelli shot 68.

In at 69 are Suzann Pettersen who won here in 2011 and 2013, Sarah Jane Smith, Lee-Anne Pace, Briana Mao and Jiayi Zhou.

Other Canadian scores: Alena Sharp E 72, Anne Catherine Tanguay +4 76, Lorie Kane +4 76 Naomi Young Ko +4 76 AJ Eathorne +4 76 Samantha Richdale +5 77

No comments:

Post a Comment