with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, July 3, 2016

Brooke Henderson leads Cambia Portland Classic in final round

LPGA Tour Cambia Portland Classic leaderboard http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/cambia-portland-classic/leaderboard

With rounds of 65 68 70 -13 Brooke Henderson has led this Portland Classic from the start and she has a two shot lead this morning heading into the final round in defence of the title she won here last year.

She leads Colombia’s Mariajo Uribe, who is -11 with her 71.

All Canadian golf fans remember after weeks of Monday qualifying Brooke won her  card officially after winning this tournament last year and has continued her fine play after she won the Women’s PGA Championship at Sahalee in Sammamish, Washington three weeks ago.
 
Although she shot 70 with four birdies, she didn't have her A game as she mentioned in her post game interview.
 
I played pretty awful today. Definitely want to play better tomorrow. I mean, I hit a lot of good shots. I just didn’t capitalize on my chances. That was the first 12 holes for me
 
She is trying to become the first back-to-back Portland winner since Annika Sorenstam in 2002-03 and with her "bad" round out of the way I think she has a great chance.

Alena Sharp T61 72 73 73 +2  Naomi Young Ko T71 76 69 78 +7...The rest of the Canadians missed the cut.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment