with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, December 16, 2011

Poulter hangs on to lead as the pack closes in Australia

Poulter shot a scrambling 68,-3 -9 total to continue to lead by 2 shots at the JBWere Australian Masters at Victoria Golf Club, but the field is bunching up behind him, including Geoff Ogilvy and Luke Donald.


Poulter's round included birdies at all three par-fives and just one bogey.
Aussies Matthew Giles (68) is in second place at -7, and Ashley Hall is third at -6 after a 70

Some big names have moved into contention for the weekend, including local Geoff Ogilvy -5 66 T4, and world No.1 Luke Donald.

Donald's day that could have been better, but he ended up signing for a -1 70 to T14 at -3. He got to -4 early in his round when he made back-to-back birdies at 6 and 7, but he gave them right back with a double on 8.
Donald still thinks he remains a threat."I hit a lot of good shots today but I've been struggling on the greens, I'm finding it hard to see the line and missing my fair share of chances for birdie." Hopefully I'm saving them all for the weekend. I'm still in a decent position, I just need to get that putter going and get on a roll."

Like he has been doing all year !!

Nice to see young (18) Italian Matteo Manassero again. His -4 67 was in stark  contrast to his opening +5 76, while playing partner Robert Allenby who has continued his poor play since the Presidents Cup in the same city, settled down with 17 pars and a birdie for 70 both are T47 at +1, the cut fell at +2

live scoring click http://www.pga.org.au/scores

Bryan Angus also on twitter@mummmbles

No comments:

Post a Comment