with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, December 22, 2019

Adam Scott returns to the winners circle, wins Australian PGA...Cockerill finishes T27

Australian PGA Championship final scoreboard https://www.europeantour.com/european-tour/australian-pga-championship-2020/results

There's a touch of grey creeping into his head of hair, but his game is still as good looking, distinguished as ever, and with a final round -3 69 and a -13 total Adam Scott held off a Kiwi, Micheal Hendry (69) -11 and a pack of Aussies to win the Australian PGA by 2 shots for the first time since 2013.

Canadian Aaron Cockerill T27 with a final round 73 -3 total. Defending champion Cameron Smith finished T10.

The turning point for Scott on a topsy turvy day came when he made a birdie at the 14th followed by an eagle 3 at the 15th to open up a 2 shot cushion over Hendry who was playing with damaged ribs.

" I'm pretty stoked actually, I kind of grinded it out this week and I feel like I outsmarted the golf course a little bit which feels good, and it was just  good enough to beat everybody.

It's been a long time between drinks for me and maybe only once or twice did the thought cross my mind that I'd never win again. It feels very good to win here, especially to finish the year off winning  at home. 

I think it is very difficult to win, I'm on the wrong side of this age thing now (40 in July) where these young  guys are really good and I played some really good golf a couple of weeks this year and fell short to record setting scores. You have to be sensational to win these days."

It was Scott's first win since 2016 when he won the WGC Cadillac Championship. He of course became the first Australian to win the Masters in 2013.


Bryan Angus










No comments:

Post a Comment