with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com

Monday, October 28, 2019

Tiger wins Zozo Championship, Connors T6

Zozo Championship final scoreboard https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html

As expected Tiger (67 -19) went on to complete his 7 holes early this morning at the Zozo Championship in Chiba, Japan without incident, maintaining his 3 shot lead over Hideki Matsuyama (67 -16) for his 82nd PGA Tour win.

The best photo I've seen since then is 4 year old Tiger sipping a coke while Sam Snead autographs a picture for him! Funny how things in life often come full circle.

It was a great week for Corey Connors (69 64 66 70 -11) who T6 and another T10 for Rory McIlroy (72 65 63 67 -13) who ended up T3. Adam Hadwin T41, (71 69 71 68 -1)

Tiger wins $1.8m of the $9.78m purse and an undisclosed appearance fee ($2m) from the sponsor company, Zozo,  whose owner, Yusaku Maezawa, is a flamboyant Japanese billionaire specializing in on line shopping for fashion wear. They have committed to a 6 year deal.

Yusaku Maezawa's net worth is reportedly $2 billion. He isn't a stranger at the auction house. In 2017, he made headlines for spending $98 million over two days on art at Sotheby's and Christie's, ending with a record-breaking $110.5 million purchase of a painting by Basquiat.

Later this week it's over to Shanghai for the WGC HSBC Champions

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment