with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, October 15, 2023

Pavon still leads, Cockerill looking for top 25... Saturday scoreboard,,

Matthieu Pavon will take a two-shot lead into the final round of the acciona Open de España presented by Madrid as he maintained his fantastic form with a 66 on day three at Club de Campo Villa de Madrid.

The Frenchman has led the way since carding an opening 63 in the Spanish capital and produced a confident display of front-running to get to 16 under after 54 holes.

England's Nathan Kimsey was his closest challenger after a 65, two clear of local favourite Alfredo Garcia-Heredia, French duo Romain Langasque and Mike Lorenzo-Vera and South African Zander Lombard.

Pavon is still looking for a maiden win on the DP World Tour but has two victories on the Alps Tour and has finished second three times on each of the European Challenge and DP World Tours.

"I fought a lot today against my emotions," he said. "I like the place, I like the tournament and I know I did great last year, so a lot coming into my head today but it is all about managing things and this is what I did today and I think I did it pretty well.

"What I learned (last year) is that it is tough to beat Jon Rahm. Last year he got me by six shots and I thought I had a great week, he is the kind of player that is on another planet.

"This week I just try to be myself, I think I have some family from Spain, my grandfather was from Madrid also, so everything is kind of matching up, and I am just happy to be here. I like the course and I am doing great, so I am just enjoying every moment. 

europeantour.com


No comments:

Post a Comment