with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, July 8, 2023

Spaniard Nacho Elvira leads in Denmark.. Saturday results. Sunday TEE Times

 DP World Tour : Made in Himmerland 2023 Leaderboard

Nacho Elvira will take a one-stroke lead into the final round of Made in HimmerLand 2023 after a closing double bogey gave hope to the chasing pack.

Nacho Elvira holds lead after final-hole drama in HimmerLand

Playing in the final group with Robert MacIntyre, Elvira at one point opened up a three-stroke lead but a tee shot into the water at the last brought MacIntyre and fellow Scot Richie Ramsay back within striking distance.

At 13 under par, the Spaniard leads by one from MacIntyre with Ramsay a shot further back.

“I did play really well,” Elvira said after a four-under-par round of 66.

“The 18th tee shot was a bad swing and I can take a bad swing. It’s okay, it’s a good round of golf.

“I haven’t been putting great this season and it seems this week, it’s working out my way. I’m hitting it really well so I’m leaving myself closer chances for birdie, which helps a lot. I’m very pleased with my putting.”

MacIntyre, runner-up by a stroke to Bernd Wiesberger at this event four years ago, said: “When you’re out in the final group on a Saturday it’s just about staying in the fight.

"We were going toe to toe for a wee while there, it felt a bit like 2019 against Bernd again, but I’m in a good position going into tomorrow and that’s all we can look for. 

Tomorrow it’s just go out and play golf and hopefully it falls my way.”

Marc Warren made it three Scots in the top five as he shared fourth place with Dutchman Daan Huizing on nine under.

Fabrizio Zanotti and David Micheluzzi shot 62s, the joint best rounds of the day and the week, to join a group at eight under alongside Alexander Bjork, who went round in 63, Marcel Siem and Kalle Samooja. 

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)


No comments:

Post a Comment