with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, August 11, 2022

"Gone fishin" !!

Today I'll be taking the trip up the 400 (please no accidents or construction !!) and HWY 11 for my annual fishin' weekend with my long time pal Tom in Orillia.


Tom and I started fishing in a 12 foot tin can with a 15hp Johnson on Lake Couchiching over 30 years ago. With his 4 young children now all grown up, married and working on their careers, we have the place to ourselves. Tom has become an avid fisherman, bass boat and all, I just try not to fall in.

We have studied all the charts, low vs high pressure, full moon cycles, fish finders, you name it, it all seems to be in our favour this weekend.

However whether we get skunked as we have, or catch a lot, which we have, the relief I feel getting off the work a day merry go round, and away from the sickening GTA humidity when I turn off the highway into cottage country is priceless.

We'll be on a lake somewhere at 7am Friday and won't get off it until dusk, when the loons come out and the sun sets into a few pops and a barbeque, making plans for Saturday is something I'll never take for granted.

The judge has banned the LIV players for the Fed Ex playoffs, which is great news, I'll be keeping tabs on our Canadian six, but won't have access to my computer, so I''ll be back here on Sunday night or Monday..depending on the fishin' !!

See you then !!

No comments:

Post a Comment