with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, September 9, 2017

Ko and Thompson lead, Brooke Henderson T7 at Indy Women in Tech Championship

LPGA Tour Indy Women in Tech Championship leaderboard http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/indy-women-in-tech/leaderboard

After 2 rounds of this Indy Women in Tech Championship whatever that means, there is a familiar name atop the leaderboard.

Lydia Ko hasn't been in contention for much of this season after 4 top 10's early on, in fact hasn't won since July 2016, but after rounds of 65 64 she is tied with Lexi Thompson 63 66 at -15 for a one shot lead heading into this weekend.

Brooke Henderson has shot 67 68 -9 T7, but 6 shots behind while Augusta James also made the cut 72 69 -3 T46.

Alena Sharp, Jennifer Ha and Maude Aimee LeBlanc all missed the cut.

Candie Kung made nine birdies and shot a 64 -14 under just a shot behind.

The event wraps up today, and Lydia had this to say after her round. "I know I’ve still got a whole, full 18 holes to go, but I think really the key was that I’ve just kind of enjoyed being in this position and being able to hit some good shots and give myself some good looks at birdie. When you start doing that, it builds your confidence and you’re not dwelling on, ‘Hey, am I going to hit a good shot or a bad shot.’ I think that’s kind of the mindset that I’ve kind of gotten into the last few months"

They are playing on the golf course inside the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment