with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, August 10, 2015

Late bloomer Jeff Maggert takes Shaw Charity Classic

Champions Tour Shaw Charity Classic final leaderboard http://espn.go.com/golf/leaderboard?tour=champions

A late bloomer maybe,” Jeff Maggert said after he shot -6 64 -16 to run away with the Shaw Charity Classic. “Twenty-five years of playing on the tour and I had a lot of close calls, a lot of chances to win a few majors. I thought I would have won a dozen times on my career, but I didn’t. So in some regards I feel like I’ve still got a lot to prove to myself and my golf game.”

He won it in my opinion with 5 birdies on the front nine then added two more at 11 and 14. Maggert did manage to win 3 times on the PGA Tour but has bloomed on this senior circuit with major titles this year in the Regions Tradition and U.S. Senior Open after he won the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic last year in his debut.

Colin Montgomerie says he isn't feeling very well as he heads to Whistling Straights but managed to finish second after a 70 -12 four shots behind Maggert.
 
Mark O’Meara and Scott Dunlop tied for third at 11 under. Dunlap had a 64, and O’Meara shot 66.
 
Fred Couples, the winner last year, finished with a 68 to tie for fifth at 10 under.
 
Miguel Jimenez had a 74 to drop into a tie for 12th at 8 under. He matched the course record Saturday with a 61 while Stephen Ames finished T5 after a final-round of 3-under 67.

No comments:

Post a Comment